If you were injured on the job, The Gatti Law Firm can help you navigate through the complex nuances of workers’ compensation law.
If you are suffering from a debilitating, workplace injury such as broken bones, torn ligaments, a head injury or back injury, don’t delay speaking with our Oregon workers’ compensation lawyers. You can obtain the legal help you need today by calling our office at (503) 543-1114.
What to Do After a Workplace Accident
After you have been injured on the job, you should follow these steps:
- Seek immediate medical care.
- Report the accident to your employer or supervisor.
- Collect all of the information you need (the names of witnesses, the cause of your accident, etc.)
- Consult with a workers’ compensation attorney to ensure your rights remain protected.
Compensation You May be Entitled to in Oregon
In Oregon, there are many types of workers’ compensation benefits you could be eligible to receive, including:
- Temporary disability benefits including temporary total disability or temporary partial disability benefits
- Permanent disability benefits
- Death benefits, if your loved one has died on the job
- Current and future medical treatments
- Vocational rehabilitation, if you are unable to do the work you did before
Unfair Claim Denials
Because both employers and insurance companies like to protect their bottom lines, it is common for workers to be denied the workers’ compensation benefits they are entitled to.
Common tactics by an insurance company include:
- Denying the existence of an injury
- Downplaying the seriousness of your injury
- Claiming that your injuries were caused outside of work
If you want to protect your rights to proper medical treatment and fair representation, it is imperative that you retain a qualified workers’ compensation attorney immediately. We are not intimidated by big insurance companies!
For the proven legal representation that you can count on, call The Gatti Law Firm today at (503) 543-1114.