Oregon Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
Dedicated to Recovering Compensation on Your Behalf
Drunk driving accidents result in thousands of fatalities and countless more injuries every year. At The Gatti Law Firm in Oregon, our personal injury team is committed to fighting on behalf of the wrongfully injured. If you were hurt in an accident caused by a drunk driver, you should not hesitate to reach out to our law office for the exceptional representation you need to maximize compensation for your injuries. We have represented tens of thousands of clients over the past 45 years with successful results.
Common Injuries in a Drunk Driving Accident
Drunk driving accidents can result in more serious injuries compared to those involved in accidents caused by sober drivers due to the driver’s inability to take any evasive measures in the moments before impact.
Here are some of the most common injuries:
- Broken arms and collarbones
- Back and neck injuries, including damage to the cervical spine
- Traumatic brain injuries and hemorrhages
- Sprains and strains
- Soft tissue damage
- Wrongful death
When injuries are debilitating, resulting in permanent damage from which a victim cannot recover, the damages involved can be exponentially greater.
In a drunk driving accident, there is also the potential for punitive damages. According to Oregon state law, if the at-fault party acted with malice or showed indifference to the health and safety of others, the injured party may seek punitive damages. If you sustained injuries in a drunk driving accident, you can get a substantially bigger settlement from the insurance company if the insured may be liable for punitive damages. Our legal team will work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A CRASH WITH A DRUNK DRIVER
The aftermath of a drunk driving accident can be contentious as alcohol often increases aggression. It’s crucial to know what you should do after a drunk driving crash to avoid further problems:
- Contact local authorities - Report the crash to local law enforcement as soon as possible. If you can get an officer on the accident scene, you can receive help exchanging the vital information necessary after a crash. Law enforcement officers can also create an accident report that may detail the other driver’s intoxication level. In doing so, they can help you build a strong case for compensation.
- Avoid altercations - Drunk drivers can quickly become contentious and aggressive. They may feel that you caused the accident and damaged their vehicle, so they create an altercation rather than calmly exchanging information with you. Another benefit of getting law enforcement officers on the scene is the ability to have the officer navigating these conversations and preventing an altercation. Law enforcement officers can help keep aggressions calm.
- Hire a lawyer - A lawyer can help you seek compensation after a crash. After a drunk driving accident, your attorney can gather significant evidence that helps you build a strong case to hold the negligent driver accountable. Before even speaking with insurance companies, hire a drunk driving accident attorney and get legal counsel on your side.
Speak to an Experienced Drunk Driving Accident Attorney About Your Case Today!
At The Gatti Law Firm in Oregon, our personal injury team is backed by a proven history of successful results. After being injured in an accident, you only have two years to file a claim, so it is essential to act quickly. If you were injured in a drunk driving accident, you should not hesitate to seek the assistance of our experienced law firm. You can rely on our knowledge and insight to secure the best possible results for your case. Let our team fight for you!
You will be in good hands with Gatti Law Firm!
“I would recommend them to anyone.”
Highly recommend them for representatives!
“I am super grateful because with my concussion I was almost taken advantage by the auto insurance.”
Free ConsultationsSpeak with a trusted attorney before taking any further action.
No Recovery, No FeeYou pay nothing unless we win a settlement on your behalf.
We bring a wealth of knowledge to the table for your case.
DeterminedOur team is unstoppable when seeking the justice you deserve.