In Eugene we offer premier representation and thorough guidance for a variety of personal injury matters, ranging from traffic accidents and catastrophic injuries, to work injuries and wrongful death. We have substantial experience representing victims of sexual abuse, and employees who have been wrongfully discriminated or terminated.
Oregon Truck Accident Attorneys
Fighting for You When the Stakes are High
After an accident with a commercial big rig, anyone in a smaller vehicle often suffers significant injuries that can cause lifetime of complications. The costs of treatments, rehabilitation, and more can be significant, not to mention the impact a truck accident can have on a victim’s wages due to missing work. When so much is on the line, only an experienced truck accident lawyer should be trusted with any related injury claims.
The Gatti Law Firm has more than 45 years of collective legal experience taking on difficult injury claims for people in communities throughout Oregon. We know that our clients are depending on us to do a great job for them, securing as much compensation as possible on their behalves. Taking every truck accident claim to heart, we explore all options and go above and beyond what you might expect a law firm to do for you.
See The Gatti Law Firm difference for yourself. Call (503) 543-1114 today.
Causes of Truck Accidents
The cause of your truck accident is important when preparing a truck accident claim. Knowing the cause can strengthen your statements and point liability to the correct parties. Our Oregon truck accident lawyers can investigate and analyze the evidence collected regarding your truck accident to either find the cause or prove it.
What are some of the worst causes of truck accidents in Oregon?
- Exhaustion: Truck driver exhaustion is a notoriously dangerous and widespread problem on highways across the nation. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) allows most truckers to work 14-hour shifts with only 3 hours of breaks during it. Towards the end of an average shift, a trucker could be completely fatigued and barely able to pay attention to the road.
- Intoxication: Commercial truck drivers must not operate their big rigs or tractor trailers after drinking even a slight amount of alcohol. It is illegal for a trucker to get behind the wheel with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level of just 0.04, half the usual 0.08 limit for adult drivers.
- Speeding: Some truck drivers may be tempted to end their shifts sooner by completing deliveries faster. By speeding to end routes quickly, they put everyone else on the road in serious danger of a high-speed crash.
- Overloaded trailers: The FMCSA has a strict set of rules regarding how heavy different tractor trailers can be when on the road. Going above those limits will make it more difficult to steer the truck and bring it to a complete stop.
Various Liable Parties to Consider
Who might be liable for your truck accident on the highways of Oregon? Unlike a typical car accident in which the other driver is often the only liable party, there could be several accountable for your truck accident. Our attorneys will want to take the time to identify all possible liable parties to bring your claim against them all, which can help ensure you get all the compensation owed to you.
Liable parties that we may need to consider for your truck accident claim:
- Truck driver: Nearly all truck accident claims will involve the truck driver as a defendant since they are quite often liable for the crashes that they are in. Depending on the terms of their employment, a truck driver’s individual insurance company might be answering for them.
- Trucking company: The companies that hire or contract truck drivers can be partially responsible for accidents they cause based on the details behind it. For example, a trucking company that hires a trucker with no commercial driving history and a long DUI record could be blamed through professional negligence.
- Load crews: Oftentimes, people who load the trailers of big rigs are not associated with the truck or trucking company. If these third parties misload a trailer in a way that contributes to a crash, they or their employer could be liable to an extent.
- Mechanics: Another third party that plays a significant role in the safe operation of a commercial truck is the company that repairs and maintains the trucks. With each defect unrepaired, the risk of a truck accident rises.
What Makes Truck Accidents So Dangerous?
Truck accidents tend to be much more devastating than a typical car accident. What about these types of traffic collisions makes them prone to causing catastrophic injuries? The answer lies in physics.
A heavy object going at a high speed has much more power behind it than a smaller object going at the same speed. When a multi-ton big rig hits a smaller car, it will exert all of its force on it.
With the heightened dangers of truck accidents comes worsened injuries. With worsened injuries comes increased damages. To this end, you could be facing steep medical bills and other damages after a crash, so you will want your claim on the desk of an experienced law firm like ours.
Going Toe-to-Toe with Trucking Companies
The Gatti Law Firm is not a name that shies away from a tough legal battle. Our attorneys are capable of closing claims through out-of-court settlements that more quickly bring compensation to our clients. If the responding insurance company does not want to cooperate or accept liability, though, then you do not need to worry. We can confidently take cases to court for litigation.
Let us uphold your rights in the face of adversity. Contact us now.
You will be in good hands with Gatti Law Firm!
“I would recommend them to anyone.”
Highly recommend them for representatives!
“I am super grateful because with my concussion I was almost taken advantage by the auto insurance.”
Free ConsultationsSpeak with a trusted attorney before taking any further action.
No Recovery, No FeeYou pay nothing unless we win a settlement on your behalf.
ExperiencedOur team is unstoppable when seeking justice you deserve.
DeterminedWe bring a wealth of knowledge to the table for your case.