Car Accident Attorneys in Lake Oswego
Proudly Representing Lake Oswego Drivers
Car accidents can lead to devastating and often severe bodily injuries for drivers and their passengers. Even compact size passenger cars weigh at two or three metric tons. When that much weight travels down the road at 50 miles per hour or faster, you aren’t driving a transportation vehicle so much as you’re riding a lethal weapon. As a result, it’s no surprise that traffic accidents are one of the top three leading causes of death in America.
If you suffered a disabling injury in a car accident that resulted from the negligent or wrongful conduct of another driver, you should call an experienced Lake Oswego car accident attorney to determine the full extent of your legal rights and the merits of your case. At The Gatti Law Firm, we have more than four decades of experience litigating personal injury matters such as car accident cases. Our legal team has the necessary knowledge and training to help ensure your right to obtain legal recompense for your injuries is in good hands.
If you have questions about The Gatti Law Firm and how our skilled Lake Oswego car accident lawyers can help you, call us at (503) 543-1114 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation today.
When to Hire a Lake Oswego Car Accident Lawyer
Being involved in a car accident can be a traumatic and stressful experience. If you've been injured in a car accident due to someone else's negligence, you may be wondering if you should hire a car accident lawyer. In general, if you've suffered serious injuries or incurred significant medical bills or other financial losses, it's a good idea to consult with a lawyer.
Car accident lawyers can:
- Navigate the legal process
- Help ensure that you receive the compensation you're entitled to
- Gather evidence
- Negotiate with insurance companies
- Represent you in court if necessary.
Another reason to hire a car accident lawyer is if liability for the accident is disputed. In cases where it's unclear who is at fault, an attorney can help investigate the accident and gather evidence to determine who is liable. Additionally, if the insurance company offers you a settlement that you believe is inadequate, a lawyer can help you negotiate for a fair settlement or take your case to court if necessary.
Compensable Losses in Car Accidents
A damages award in a car accident case is compensatory in nature. Your legal damages can be divided into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages. Depending on the severity of the injury you sustained, your right to recover damages for your losses may involve different remedies.
An award for compensatory damages is available if you suffered the following losses:
- The cost of medical treatment
- The future cost of medical care
- Loss of earnings
- Loss of future earnings
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
You can count on our skilled team of Lake Oswego accident lawyers to tenaciously advocate for your best interests. Our legal team will aggressively fight for every cent of the damages award to which you are entitled under Oregon law.
Auto Accident Settlement Process
If you need to file a claim to pursue compensation from a car accident, there is a basic process that you will undergo.
Each case is different, but most claims follow a similar procedure.
- Filing a claim - With the assistance of your attorney, you will file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. This should happen within a short time after the crash because there are time restraints in place, known as the statute of limitations (which is two years in Oregon).
- Investigation of the accident - Once you file the claim, the insurer will conduct an investigation of the accident. This will include a review of the police report, interview of witnesses, and documentation of statements from all parties involved. The law firm representing you will conduct an investigation of the claim as well.
- Response to your claim - Once the insurer has completed the investigation, they will either approve or deny your claim. If your claim is denied or you are offered a lower amount than what you are reasonably entitled to, an appeal can be made.
- Negotiation - Negotiations can be made with the insurance company to pursue the maximum compensation you deserve for your claim.
- Finalizing a claim or filing a lawsuit - At this point, you and your attorney will know whether the settlement can be finalized or whether the claim must be handled in front of a judge or jury.
Contact The Gatti Law Firm for Personalized Legal Services
At The Gatti Law Firm, your well-being, safety, and best interests are our top priorities. As a result, our first piece of advice about car accidents is that you should seek immediate professional medical care. Sometimes the full extent of a person’s injuries may not present itself until hours or even days after an accident. A licensed and reputable healthcare professional can assess your health condition and confirm whether a more serious latent injury is affecting you.
Contact us online or call our office at (503) 543-1114 to set up an initial complimentary case evaluation exploring your legal rights and the strengths of your case today.
You will be in good hands with Gatti Law Firm!
“I would recommend them to anyone.”
Highly recommend them for representatives!
“I am super grateful because with my concussion I was almost taken advantage by the auto insurance.”
Free ConsultationsSpeak with a trusted attorney before taking any further action.
No Recovery, No FeeYou pay nothing unless we win a settlement on your behalf.
We bring a wealth of knowledge to the table for your case.
DeterminedOur team is unstoppable when seeking the justice you deserve.