Salem Truck Accident Lawyer
Truckers & Trucking Companies Must be Held Accountable
If you or someone you love has been injured in a truck accident, you need a strong advocate on your side. At The Gatti Law Firm, we know how to effectively navigate the legal system and fight for the compensation you deserve. We can help you recover the financial resources you need to rebuild your life following a serious truck accident.
Our Salem truck accident attorneys can help you if you were involved in a truck accident in Oregon involving:
- Big rigs
- Dump trucks
- Delivery trucks
The Dangers of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents involving semi-trucks can be some of the most severe in Oregon and across the country. Semi-trucks are designed to transport massive amounts of cargo, but their size and weight can also pose a significant threat to other vehicles on the road.
Common causes of semi-truck accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Poor weather conditions
- Poor road conditions
- Poor signage
- Improper merging
- Failure to yield
Truck accidents involving semi-trucks can result in catastrophic injuries. Victims may be permanently disabled or suffer permanent brain damage. In some cases, truck accident victims may die as a result of their injuries.
Who Can Be Held Liable in a Truck Accident Case?
In a truck accident, liability can be attributed to various parties depending on the specific circumstances of the accident.
Here are some potential parties that can be held liable:
- Truck driver: The driver operating the truck can be held responsible if their negligence or recklessness, such as speeding, distracted driving, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or violating traffic laws, contributed to the accident.
- Trucking company: The company that owns or operates the truck can be held liable if they were negligent in hiring or supervising the driver, failed to properly maintain the truck, or if their policies and practices encouraged unsafe driving behaviors.
- Truck manufacturer or maintenance provider: If a mechanical failure or defect in the truck, such as faulty brakes, steering system failure, or tire blowouts, caused or contributed to the accident, the manufacturer or maintenance provider may be held responsible.
- Cargo loaders or shippers: In cases where improper loading or securing of cargo led to the accident, the company or individuals responsible for loading the cargo onto the truck can be held liable.
- Government entities: If the accident was caused by unsafe road conditions, inadequate signage, or other factors under the control of a government entity, such as a poorly designed road or construction zone, the government agency may be held liable.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Truck Accident Case?
The damages you can recover in a personal injury case depend on the circumstances of your case. In many cases, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
In some cases, punitive damages may be awarded if the trucking company or its employees acted with malice or reckless disregard for the safety of others. Punitive damages are meant to punish the responsible party and discourage similar conduct in the future.
Oregon is a comparative negligence state, which means that your recovery may be reduced if you are found to be partially at fault for the accident. However, if you are found to be less than 50% at fault for the accident, you may still be able to recover compensation.
How Our Firm Can Help You
At The Gatti Law Firm, we can help you recover compensation for all of your losses if you have been injured in a truck accident. Our Salem truck accident lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you deserve and ensure that the trucking company is held accountable for their actions.
You will be in good hands with Gatti Law Firm!
“I would recommend them to anyone.”
Highly recommend them for representatives!
“I am super grateful because with my concussion I was almost taken advantage by the auto insurance.”
Free ConsultationsSpeak with a trusted attorney before taking any further action.
No Recovery, No FeeYou pay nothing unless we win a settlement on your behalf.
We bring a wealth of knowledge to the table for your case.
DeterminedOur team is unstoppable when seeking the justice you deserve.