Homeowner Fire Damage Claims in Oregon
The Gatti Law Firm is Here to Provide Legal Support
Oregon and most of the West Coast have been ravaged by record-breaking wildfires in late summer 2020. At the time of this writing, Oregon is dealing with 14 wildfires and at least eight people have lost their lives from the various blazes. Hundreds of homes and business have already been reported as destroyed, and whole towns have been declared total losses. It will be some time before the totality of the wildfires’ destruction is known. Our hearts go out to all of those affected in such shattering ways.
With the devastation so widespread, there is certain to be an influx of homeowners’ fire damage claims being filed throughout Oregon and essentially all at once. This is not unprecedented—many Californian’s went through this process following the infamous 2018 Camp Fire.
Insurance companies will surely be tempted to deny, delay, or undervalue claims to protect their bottom line. The Gatti Law Firm is here to help make certain that doesn’t happen to you. Our Oregon homeowner fire damage claims lawyers are ready and willing to deal with stubborn homeowners’ insurance companies, so you don’t have to. Our fire damage claim attorneys understand how difficult this time is, so we offer our Oregon homeowners' support during this trying time. Allow our team to handle the insurance companies.
We can help you by:
- Helping prepare your claim
- Answering your inquiries
- Appealing denials
- Negotiating settlements
- Litigating if necessary
Cataloging the Fire Damage to Your Home
A crucial step in filing a fire damage claim is carefully and accurately cataloging and recording the extent of the damage. It’s best if this process began before a disaster, so, hopefully, you have already followed a few of these first steps. If not, then do not worry. Our Oregon fire damage insurance claim attorneys have the experience, insight, and professional connections needed to investigate and build a claim in most circumstances.
Here are the steps you should take to catalog the fire damage to your home:
- Write down valuables: Ideally, you have already written down a list of your most valuable material possessions. Electronics, appliances, expensive clothing, family heirlooms, automobiles, and more should all be included in this list.
- Photograph everything: Also, you should photograph your home and possessions from multiple angles until the entire property can be observed through a photo gallery. Don’t forget to enable timestamps for the pictures if possible.
- Take new pictures: After a fire, take new pictures of everything you have already photographed. In doing so, you will create a simple-to-reference before-after comparison of your property. As before, timestamp the new ones and take them as soon as authorities say it is safe to return to your property after the wildfires have been extinguished or contained.
- Document Replacement Value: For your most valuable personal property, compile comparable values through websites that sell the same or similar items.
- Call an attorney: If you are unsure how to deal with your insurance company, or you believe they will be likely to deny your claim without giving it a fair chance, then you should call an attorney before you call your insurer.
The Gatti Law Firm is currently hearing from homeowners throughout Oregon who have been affected by the wildfires. As proud Oregonians ourselves, we take each case to heart and act as if we are representing a good friend in a desperate time of need. If you need a fire damage claim attorney, look no further.
Please call (503) 543-1114 at your first opportunity. With so many claims predicted to be filed in the coming weeks, the sooner we can get your case moving, the better. You may also contact us online.
You will be in good hands with Gatti Law Firm!
“I would recommend them to anyone.”
Highly recommend them for representatives!
“I am super grateful because with my concussion I was almost taken advantage by the auto insurance.”
Free ConsultationsSpeak with a trusted attorney before taking any further action.
No Recovery, No FeeYou pay nothing unless we win a settlement on your behalf.
We bring a wealth of knowledge to the table for your case.
DeterminedOur team is unstoppable when seeking the justice you deserve.