Pedestrians who have been struck by a negligent motorist or bicyclist can come to The Gatti Law Firm for steadfast legal representation. From our multiple law offices, we assist clients in all corners of Oregon. No matter what city you call home, you can be sure that dependable legal help is never too far away.
We look forward to working on your pedestrian accident claim. Contact us now to tell us more about it.
Severe Injuries Suffered in Pedestrian Accidents
When a pedestrian is struck by a motor vehicle, the result is nearly guaranteed to include some sort of catastrophic injury. To treat a serious injury, serious and in-depth medical procedures are often required, such as emergency surgery, extended hospitalization, and outpatient rehabilitation. The cost of these necessary treatments can be steep, and you should not have to pay for them yourself if you were hit by a car while using the crosswalk or walking down the street.
To demand compensation from the motorist that negligently hit you while you were minding your own business, let The Gatti Law Firm take charge of your personal injury claim. We know that you could be facing enormous damages after a pedestrian accident, which is why we are careful to understand your injuries to calculate the correct, maximized amount of compensation on your behalf.
Severe injuries that might be reported in a pedestrian accident include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones
- Permanent disfigurement
If you have lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, then we can also help you file a wrongful death claim to pursue justice in their name. Throughout our 45+ years of collective legal experience, we have gained a reputation for being able to manage wrongful death claims with sensitivity and professionalism. While providing legal guidance, we can also offer genuine moral support.
Damages You Can Seek Through a Claim
As mentioned, the damages you experience after a pedestrian accident can be monumental depending on the severity of your injuries. It is crucial that you get a full understanding of your related costs and damages, including what you are likely to experience in the far future.
Here is a list of common damages to seek in a claim:
- Emergency medical care: The costs of your initial medical treatments after a pedestrian accident could range into the thousands of dollars just for the services of an ambulance and the surgery department.
- Hospitalization: Each day spent in the hospital can be expensive. The worse you are injured, the longer you are likely to need to stay in the hospital. Do not pay those high costs out of your own pocket or let your insurance premiums go up because of them. Hold the liable party accountable for them instead.
- Rehabilitative therapy: To make the most of your day-to-day life after suffering a catastrophic injury, you may need rehabilitative therapy for months or years after you are released from the hospital. For example, specialized physical therapy sessions can restore some movement to limbs experiencing partial paralysis due to a spinal cord injury.
- Medication: Prescription medications can get extremely expensive, even with co-pays. If you have been severely injured, then you may need a costly painkiller prescription for several months as you recuperate. Permanent injuries may also require lifelong prescriptions.
- Lost wages: While in the hospital and trying to recover further at home, completing your expected work duties will probably be impossible. The wages you miss due to being out of work can be demanded in your pedestrian accident claim.
- Pain and suffering: Noneconomic damages are also common in pedestrian accident claims. Pain and suffering you have experienced due to the mistakes of a negligent motorist should be fairly compensated.
Importance of Photographic Evidence
Did you have an opportunity to take photographs with your smartphone after being in a pedestrian accident? They could prove invaluable to your claim if the defending insurance company tries to accuse you of jaywalking, which would increase your liability for your own injuries.
Allow our attorneys to review any photographic evidence you were able to collect at the scene of your accident. We know how to critically analyze images to prove a point and reconstruct an accident scenario.
Call (503) 543-1114 Now to Get Started
After being in a pedestrian accident, you should lose no time before seeking legal help. The sooner our Oregon pedestrian accident attorneys can get to work on your case, the clearer an understanding of the situation we can gain. It is our goal to convince the responding insurance party that their policyholder was liable for your accident. If they do not want to cooperate, then we can set our sights on the courtroom to continue the legal fight there.
Arrange a free consultation with The Gatti Law Firm today.