In Eugene we offer premier representation and thorough guidance for a variety of personal injury matters, ranging from traffic accidents and catastrophic injuries, to work injuries and wrongful death. We have substantial experience representing victims of sexual abuse, and employees who have been wrongfully discriminated or terminated.
Oregon Soft Tissue Injury Attorneys
Let Our Firm Assist You During This Difficult Time
Soft tissue injuries are the most common type of injuries suffered in accidents, but you would not know it based on how seriously insurance companies take soft tissue injury claims. Because a soft tissue injury is usually not plainly visible on an x-ray and might not produce any outwardly visible symptoms other than a slight swelling, insurers often try to argue that they “can’t be that serious.” The truth is the opposite: soft tissue injuries can cause debilitating pain and complications for years and years, especially if untreated.
If you have been diagnosed with a soft tissue injury after an accident and need to file a claim for compensation, let The Gatti Law Firm be your guide. We have a team of lawyers who specialize in maximizing recovery for clients who suffer soft tissue injuries and ready to hear from and assist clients across Oregon.
Dial (503) 543-1114 or contact us online to learn more.
Different Types of Soft Tissue Injuries
Soft tissue injuries can often be sorted into four categories:
- Sprains: When a ligament is torn, it causes a sprain, which can result in a dull ache or a sharp pain that prevents using the affected body part. Sprains typically happen when a body part is twisted in an unnatural direction.
- Strains: When a muscle or tendon is torn, it causes a strain. The affected muscle or tendon can be partially or completely torn, which results in various levels of pain and debilitation. Strains are typically caused by overusing a body part, and they can be identified by swelling and cramps in the affected area.
- Contusions: A bruise is another word for a contusion. Some contusions are minor and require little medical attention, but severe contusions to soft tissues can cause lasting pain and could be at risk of healing incorrectly without medical attention.
- Stress injuries: Using the same body part in the same way repeatedly can cause a stress injury to soft tissues. For example, lifting a light amount of weight over and over again can wear down tendons, ligaments, and muscles in the activated body parts.
Sprains, strains, and severe contusions are the most common forms of soft tissue injuries in personal injury claims that we handle because they can be caused by sudden, violent accidents. For example, someone who slips and falls while on someone else’s property might suffer a bad sprain in their knee due to it twisting as they fell over. The sprain can start as a subtle ache, but rapidly become worse as time passes and the injured knee is used.
Treatments for Soft Tissue Injuries
Treating a soft tissue injury can be a complicated affair. At first, it might seem like rest and painkillers will be enough to alleviate the injury, but don’t make that assumption. You should see a doctor for a checkup and diagnosis. They can help decide the best way to take care of your soft tissue injury.
Treatment options for your soft tissue injury might include:
- Prescription medications: You might be instructed to take a regimen of painkillers and/or muscle relaxers for a time to help you deal with the pain of your soft tissue injury. Some people are prescribed low-dose painkillers for a year or more, which can get costly.
- Chiropractic and/or Physical therapy: Months or years of chiropractic care or physical therapy are often needed to alleviate the worst symptoms of a severe soft tissue injury. For example, someone who tears a ligament in their shoulder might need extensive rehabilitative therapy to gradually regain strength in the affected arm.
- Surgeries: A worst-case scenario for someone with a soft tissue injury might be one or more corrective surgeries. Typically, doctors only advise surgeries as a final option when other methods of treatments fail, so it could be a while before surgery becomes available to you unless your soft tissue injury is severely disabling.
All of these treatment methods can be expensive, especially if your healthcare insurance is somewhat limited. To get the chance to recover comfortably without breaking your bank account, you should talk to our team about filing a claim against the party that caused your accident or injury.
How Our Law Firm Can Help
At The Gatti Law Firm, we take pride in being active and friendly members of our communities throughout the state. As such, we want to make certain that our clients are treated like the friends and neighbors that they are. That’s why when you come to us with your soft tissue injury claim, you can start to focus entirely on healing and recovery. Meanwhile, we deal with the insurance company on your behalf, as well as the ins and outs of your case.
You can count on us for:
- Investigating your accident
- Ensuring that the doctors and therapists who treat your soft tissue injury are paid
- Calculating your damages
- Filing and pursuing your claim
- Negotiating a settlement
- Litigating in court when necessary
When you are here with our legal team, you and your injury case will be in good hands. We really do care about your future and wellbeing. To see what we mean firsthand, please call (503) 543-1114 today.
You will be in good hands with Gatti Law Firm!
“I would recommend them to anyone.”
Highly recommend them for representatives!
“I am super grateful because with my concussion I was almost taken advantage by the auto insurance.”
Free ConsultationsSpeak with a trusted attorney before taking any further action.
No Recovery, No FeeYou pay nothing unless we win a settlement on your behalf.
ExperiencedOur team is unstoppable when seeking justice you deserve.
DeterminedWe bring a wealth of knowledge to the table for your case.