Have you sustained a workplace injury? Under Oregon law, certain employers are required to provide workers’ compensation benefits to employees who are injured during the course and scope of their employment.
Our Lake Oswego workers compensation attorneys at The Gatti Law Firm have a comprehensive understanding of the laws and policies that govern how workers’ compensation insurance providers handle their claims and disburse benefit proceeds. If your workplace injury is particularly serious, you might be entitled to receive substantial workers’ compensation benefits.
For comprehensive legal advice about your legal rights and options regarding workers’ compensation benefits, call The Gatti Law Firm at (503) 543-1114 or contact us online.
Legal Advice on the Claims Process
To receive workers’ compensation (“workers’ comp”) benefits for your injuries, you are required to initiate a claim with your employer’s workers’ comp insurance provider.
If you’ve been injured while on the job, remember to follow these crucial steps:
- Find professional medical treatment immediately
- Report the incident to your employer or immediate supervisor
- Keep records of information and communication made to you
- Get in touch with a Lake Oswego workers’ compensation attorney for legal advice.
After you file your workers’ comp claim, the insurance company will evaluate it to determine the extent to which the allegations of your claim are accurate. Like other insurance companies, your workers’ comp insurance provider has an interest in minimizing your payout for benefits. Sometimes, a workers’ comp insurance company will flat-out deny a claim.
Insurance companies often wrongfully deny a workers’ comp claim by alleging that:
- You did not suffer a qualifying injury
- Your did not suffer the injury on the job
- The nature of your injury does not warrant the type of benefits sought
Because insurance companies are prone to employing dishonest tactics to minimize or avoid paying out claims, you should hire an experienced Workers’ Compensation attorney to provide you with effective legal counsel throughout the workers’ comp claims process.
What Benefits Are Available to You?
Under Oregon law, a workers’ compensation insurance company must provide employees with the following benefits should they qualify to receive them:
- Temporary partial disability benefits
- Temporary total disability benefits
- Permanent disability benefits
- Death benefits for the employee’s surviving family
- Present and future medical treatments
- Vocational rehabilitation
Get Skilled Representation from Our Lake Oswego Workers’ Comp Lawyers
Employees who suffer severe, debilitating injuries while on the job have a right to recover workers’ compensation benefits. Unfortunately, your employer and their workers’ compensation provider can become major obstacles standing between you and the benefits to which you are legally entitled under Oregon law.
For effective legal representation with a proven track-record for success, call The Gatti Law Firm at (503) 543-1114 or visit our webpage to submit an online request.