In Eugene we offer premier representation and thorough guidance for a variety of personal injury matters, ranging from traffic accidents and catastrophic injuries, to work injuries and wrongful death. We have substantial experience representing victims of sexual abuse, and employees who have been wrongfully discriminated or terminated.
Oregon Defective Auto Part Lawyers
Product Liability Claims Involving Defective Cars
Were you driving when you suddenly got into a car accident, but you can’t figure out how might have caused it? The issue might not be with a driver at all. Instead, the company that made a defective auto part in your vehicle could be to blame.
At The Gatti Law Firm, we help people create, file, and manage car part claims for damages that resulted from a defective vehicle part or equipment. Our Oregon auto product liability attorneys know the ins and outs of the laws surrounding defective auto parts and the product liability cases that arise from them. We would be happy to hear from you if you need our help with a case, so please, do not hesitate to dial (503) 543-1114 now or to contact us online.
Dangerously Defective Auto Parts
Every part of an automobile can be made defectively if the manufacturer is not careful during the design and manufacturing stages. Of course, a defective radio volume knob is not a serious concern. Most defective parts aren’t. We are here to help people who have been injured or were put at severe risk of injury due to a defective auto part.
Examples of auto defective auto parts that could spike the risk of injury include:
- Airbags: When an airbag is defective, it might not inflate during a collision, completely defeating its own purpose. Takata brand airbags were the cause of history’s largest vehicle recall after those airbags were found to randomly explode into sharp pieces of metal shrapnel.
- Brakes: A defective brake can spell disaster, especially if the defect causes the brakes to suddenly fail while the vehicle is in motion.
- Tires: Your car’s tires are literally what keep your vehicle on the road. A defective tire can cause drivers to lose control of their car on less-than-ideal roads, or they can burst or tear suddenly, resulting in a crash.
- Accelerators: Fault accelerators are prone to causing violent car accidents. Most accelerator defects involve the pedal getting locked into a pressed position, so the driver cannot slow down with any amount of braking. The vehicle in such a situation only comes to a complete stop once it crashes.
- Headlights: If your headlights are defective, then you could be abruptly plunged into the dark while driving. Depending on where you are when this happens, it could make it impossible to navigate the road safely.
- Engines: In recent years, there have been several recalls for vehicles with engines that overheat to the point of combusting. Tesla electric engines have gained some notoriety for their seemingly high chance of bursting into flames after a car accident, sometimes self-combusting multiple times after being extinguished.
Who Owes You Money for an Auto Defect?
The automaker might be the first party you can sue for a defective auto part that caused you to get into a crash or otherwise suffer an injury. Even if that particular part was created by another company, the automaker still made the decision to use it in their vehicle. If the third-party manufacturer is liable for the defect, then it might be up to the automaker to sue them for the damages that they owe you. Our attorneys can help you figure out the right party or parties to name as defendants.
Furthermore, in Oregon, you might have the opportunity to file a claim without suffering an injury to an auto defect. An intermediate economic losses rule could allow you to receive compensation just for being placed at undue risk of injury. The damages available in such a claim could be limited compared to other injury claims, though.
Discover Your Options & Take Legal Action
Our Oregon auto product liability attorneys have the know-how and insight you want when working on a claim against a powerful defendant, like an automaker. From the start, we will be determined to secure as much compensation for you as possible. Whether we can get money from a settlement or an award through the court system, we are the legal team you know you can depend on through it all.
Take the first step today. Dial (503) 543-1114 and get a free consultation.
You will be in good hands with Gatti Law Firm!
“I would recommend them to anyone.”
Highly recommend them for representatives!
“I am super grateful because with my concussion I was almost taken advantage by the auto insurance.”
Free ConsultationsSpeak with a trusted attorney before taking any further action.
No Recovery, No FeeYou pay nothing unless we win a settlement on your behalf.
ExperiencedOur team is unstoppable when seeking justice you deserve.
DeterminedWe bring a wealth of knowledge to the table for your case.