Car Accident Attorneys in Salem
We Focus on Your Case While You Focus on Your Recovery
Unfortunately, car accidents occur every day, and many results in injury or death. Paying for car repairs, getting treated for injuries, or having to live without a loved one can result in unexpected expenses and devastating emotional losses. When a car accident is caused by a negligent driver, that driver should be held responsible for your pain, suffering, and expenses.
At The Gatti Law Firm, we fight hard to ensure the negligent party is held financially responsible so you get justice and fair compensation for your losses. With over four decades of experience, our Salem car accident lawyers provide knowledgeable and aggressive legal guidance for your case.
For help with your car accident case, call The Gatti Law Firm today: (503) 543-1114.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Salem, Oregon
If you are involved in a car accident in Salem, Oregon, there are certain steps that you should take to protect yourself and your legal rights.
- First and foremost, make sure that everyone involved in the accident is safe and call 911 immediately if anyone has been injured. If there are no injuries, move your vehicles to a safe location off the road and exchange information with the other driver(s) involved, including names, contact information, and insurance information.
- Document the accident by taking photos of the scene, any damage to the vehicles, and any injuries sustained. Be sure to also obtain the contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
- After the accident, seek medical attention if necessary and report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. You may also want to consider consulting with an experienced car accident attorney who can help protect your legal rights and pursue any potential compensation for damages or injuries.
We Are Here to Help You Through the Frustrating Claims Process
The claims process after a car accident can be overwhelming. To begin the process, you have to submit your claim to the other person’s insurance company and wait for the claims adjuster to investigate the accident. The adjuster may contact you to get more information about what happened, which is why it is imperative that you document everything as soon as possible after your accident.
When the investigation is complete, the insurance company will offer you a settlement amount. If you don’t feel the amount offered is fair, you will have to negotiate with the insurance company until you agree on a settlement amount. This can be a frustrating and time-consuming process, and you may not know if the settlement you received is actually fair. A skilled attorney can take care of this burden for you, relieving you of the stresses of dealing with insurance companies and allowing you to focus on your recovery. Our Salem car accident lawyers will advocate on your behalf to ensure you are getting the compensation you deserve for medical and car repair bills, pain and suffering, and any lost wages.
The statute of limitations in Oregon allows you to file a lawsuit up to two years after the date of the accident. If you miss this deadline, you will not be able to recover compensation. Call The Gatti Law Firm as soon as possible to ensure you file your claim within the timeframe.
When to Get an Attorney for a Car Accident Claim
Time is of the essence if you wish to submit a claim for damages after a car accident. According to the Oregon statute of limitations, you only have two years after the accident to file an injury lawsuit. However, it's recommended to contact a lawyer within the first couple of weeks after your accident to give your case the best chance of success.
Here are some reasons why you should reach out to a car accident attorney as soon as possible:
- The evidence you need to prove liability in your case may be lost if too much time has passed.
- The at-fault party’s insurance company may be pressuring you to accept an offer that is insufficient to cover your losses.
- The other driver might claim that you are partially to blame for the accident, which will reduce the amount of compensation you can recover.
- Your injuries are very serious, causing you to miss work and requiring very expensive medical treatment – maybe resulting in permanent disability.
If you are unsure whether or not hiring a car accident lawyer in Salem is the right choice for you, give us a call anyways. We are happy to discuss your case during a free consultation and recommend some next steps.
Getting the Most from Your Car Accident Case
Hiring a professional and experienced Salem car accident lawyer is your first step toward maximizing your car accident claim. This should be done as soon as possible after the crash. In addition to working with an attorney, there are other steps you can take to get the most money out of your claim.
- Keep track of your medical bills and other related expenses - This can help your attorney properly calculate the full scope of your damages related to the accident.
- Filing a claim against all who contributed to the accident - Have your attorney file a car accident claim against each entity that had a part in contributing to the accident. After a thorough investigation, the law firm will have a clear understanding of all responsible parties.
- Have patience with the process - In order to fully maximize your claim, you must be prepared to go the full length of your case. This likely means that there will be several rounds of negotiation before reaching an agreement with the insurance company and any other liable parties.
Put A Strong Legal Advocate on Your Side – Call The Gatti Law Firm
Providing you with personalized attention throughout your case is our goal at The Gatti Law Firm. We will keep you informed of updates and progress every step of the way. When you are injured in a car accident that was no fault of your own, you want justice and compensation, and our Salem car accident attorneys will work hard to get you both. We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you owe us nothing until we win your case!
Contact The Gatti Law Firm online or by phone at (503) 543-1114 to get the representation you deserve.
You will be in good hands with Gatti Law Firm!
“I would recommend them to anyone.”
Highly recommend them for representatives!
“I am super grateful because with my concussion I was almost taken advantage by the auto insurance.”
Free ConsultationsSpeak with a trusted attorney before taking any further action.
No Recovery, No FeeYou pay nothing unless we win a settlement on your behalf.
We bring a wealth of knowledge to the table for your case.
DeterminedOur team is unstoppable when seeking the justice you deserve.