It’s a tragic fact, but every year, hundreds of Americans are seriously injured or even killed due to negligence on the part of the medical establishment. While doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals are paid to look out for the health and well-being of patients above all else, that does not mean they are incapable of making reckless errors either by act or omission. At The Gatti Law Firm, our Oregon medical malpractice attorneys represent those who have been injured due to poor medical treatment. We are committed to fighting for the rights of individuals who have been victimized and abused by the American healthcare system.
To schedule a free consultation, contact The Gatti Law Firm today at (503) 543-1114.
Types of Medical Malpractice Claims
There are multiple reasons an individual may decide to sue for medical malpractice. You may be able to seek compensation for a number of injuries ranging in severity and type depending on the circumstances of your case.
Common reasons to file a medical malpractice suit include:
- Failure to Diagnose: When a medical professional fails to diagnose a patient’s disease or condition in a timely manner, thus preventing the patient from taking certain measures to prevent their disease or condition from getting worse, it is possible to file a lawsuit. Failure to diagnose cases are among the most common types of medical malpractice matters.
- Misdiagnosis: The other side of the coin to failure to diagnose cases is misdiagnosis cases. Sometimes, a doctor will diagnose a patient’s illness incorrectly, preventing them from receiving necessary treatment of even causing them to receive unnecessary treatment which may make their illness worse. This is another common type of medical malpractice case.
- Hospital-Related Infections: Hospital acquired infections are an unfortunate side effect of unsanitary conditions in many healthcare facilities. When patients leave hospitals with staph or other nasty infections, it is possible to sue for compensation.
- Surgical Instruments: Leaving surgical instruments inside a person’s body following a medical procedure is an unfortunately common mistake in the medical profession, and a major indicator that you have a strong medical malpractice case.
- Anesthesia Problems: When a person undergoes a medical procedure in which they receive too much or too little anesthesia, the side effects can be lingering and extremely harmful.
- Wrong Site Surgery: Wrong site surgery occurs when a surgeon performs the right procedure on the wrong part of a person’s body, failing to correct their original medical issue and possibly causing further complications.
Why Hire a Medical Malpractice Lawyer from The Gatti Law Firm?
While you may be tempted to let your insurance cover your injuries following a botched procedure or medical treatment gone wrong, this is unlikely to secure you maximum compensation. Insurance companies are incentivized to protect their bottom line, and may therefore only pay out the minimum amount they are required to. Medical professionals also tend to have strong medical malpractice liability insurance, designed to help them avoid paying for their mistakes. Because the system is stacked against you in this way, it is extremely important to hire a skilled lawyer if you have been injured at the hands of the medical establishment.
At The Gatti Law Firm, our team of dedicated medical malpractice attorneys promise to work tirelessly to secure you the compensation you deserve. With millions of dollars recovered for clients over 45 years, we have a track record of obtaining large settlements and successful results. If you or someone you know has experienced ongoing pain and suffering as a result of the medical establishment, do not give up hope. Contact our Oregon medical malpractice lawyers at The Gatti Law Firm and hire a legal advocate that will seek justice on your behalf today.
The Gatti Law Firm is available by phone at (503) 543-1114, or you can schedule a consultation online. Remember, you do not pay a fee until we secure your recovery!